TheHughJardon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheHughJardon

Just a collection of international online friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello o o o o o
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm by tee

» advice please
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:07 am by auntie tagonist

» Joke of the day
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm by auntie tagonist

» Suse - An update on the John Moore saga
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:15 am by Angie

» Who boarded.....
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:12 am by Angie

» The stuffed head
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:11 am by Bobby J

» we need to whip up the action around here
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:38 pm by auntie tagonist

» My Man card
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:50 pm by Desert Cat

» libido? how do u get it back?
Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm by Desert Cat

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
Have To Share! Empty
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 147 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:09 am

Have To Share!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Desert Cat

Desert Cat

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Have To Share! Empty
PostSubject: Have To Share!   Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:38 am

OMG! OMG! OMG! I had the GREATEST night! It's been a rather long emotional day tho I don't really know why. I went to a Christmas Tea at one of the local churches. They have it every year. Some beautiful spiritual music - mostly Christmas Hymns. There are over 300 of us singing along and it gives me goosebumps. The very last song I got chills through my body and then I heard my grandmother (who died many years ago) singing! I, of course, started crying. It was so awesome. That was this morning.

Then this afternoon at 4 pm my friend Carol and I went to a housewarming party where they had a songwriter/musician performing. We had a wonderful potluck BBQ dinner and then listened to him sing for over 3 hours! Hugo Duarte sings Jimmy Buffet type music ( www.hillbillybeach.com is his web site and he has teaser music there). That's how I knew I had to go tonight to listen. He's from Wilmington, NC and is very much into Civil War history. He has a song on one of his CD's called Hollywood which is about this and a graveyard with a marked grave for unknown soliders. It gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. Like I said its been one of those days!

He also has a song called Don't Be Fooled By The Hat which for me is appropriate. Its about not judging a book by its cover. I really appreciated the words. All in all it was such a wonderful evening - so magical. People came and went - there were about 25 of us all at one time. Carol and I sat there glued to our seats (oh our tailbones are paying for that!) listening to him.

As we were leaving tonight Cliff (the owner of the house and Hugo's friend) told me that Hugo has NEVER sang as long as he did tonight! And when I went to say good night to Hugo, as we were hugging, me thanking him for giving me chills and tears, he is thanking me for letting him play to me!!! He told me that he enjoyed very much singing to me because when he would my eyes would light up and he really appreciated that! Who Knew?! Oh MY GOD! I came home flying high! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Theresa
Admin
Theresa

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Have To Share! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have To Share!   Have To Share! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

Marla! How wonderful!
I'm so glad you had such a lovely time! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://thehughjardon.roflforum.net

Have To Share!
Page 1 of 1