TheHughJardon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TheHughJardon

Just a collection of international online friends.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello o o o o o
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm by tee

» advice please
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 12:07 am by auntie tagonist

» Joke of the day
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:34 pm by auntie tagonist

» Suse - An update on the John Moore saga
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:15 am by Angie

» Who boarded.....
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:12 am by Angie

» The stuffed head
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:11 am by Bobby J

» we need to whip up the action around here
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:38 pm by auntie tagonist

» My Man card
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:50 pm by Desert Cat

» libido? how do u get it back?
So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm by Desert Cat

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Gallery
So many men - so little time! Empty
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 147 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:09 am

So many men - so little time!

Go down 
+4
auntie tagonist
Squirrel
Desert Cat
Theresa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Theresa
Admin
Theresa

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Dear Auntie,
I'm up there in age - 47 - and would really like to find someone to share life with.
I don't have to - would just prefer to.
So, I signed up for a dating website, and have been contacted by bunches of local guys.
I've gone out on a few dates - and these are nice fellas.
But...I have also been in contact for over a year with a man I have never met. We have become strong online friends, as you know can happen. Also, he has been layed off of his job (lives in OH), and will be looking for work here in MN to give us a chance.
My dilema - I don't know if he will really find work here and I think he would want a job here before making the move.
I have made no promises as once we actually meet - there might not be the same draw we feel as online friends.
Otherwise, we have tons in common and he is a good man. I'm not in love by any means though.
Part of me feels "time is awasting" and I should just go ahead and date locally and don't owe him anything.
Another part of me feels we have invested a lot of time and energy into each other and should I be giving it more of a chance.
I'm a nice girl (I HEARD that BOB)...and have no desire to break any hearts.
What say you Auntie?
Sincerely,
Lookin' for love in all the wrong places?
Back to top Go down
http://thehughjardon.roflforum.net
Desert Cat

Desert Cat

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm

TC what are you losing to take a chance? Is it just fear? He's a big boy - let him deal with his own emotions.

I know I'm not Auntie... But oh I can relate. I keep guys at arms length or try too... for that very reason - not wanting to hurt them. But every now and then one blindsides me... have one now I'm talking too that I am more then a little bit interested in and it scares me silly. Because once again he's not local.

But then my history is - I married a man from Philly and it lasted a long time. Maybe I'm not meant for a California guy.
Back to top Go down
Theresa
Admin
Theresa

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:02 pm

No...not at all scared or worried about taking a chance with the online friend.
More concerned about meeting someone local meanwhile and missing out on "what could have been" with the online guy. Really, I'm kinda overwhelmed with dating offers and that has never happened to me before. I feel kind of distracted!
Back to top Go down
Squirrel

Squirrel

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Theresa dear friend, I am not surprised you have all these date offers, you are one hell of a woman and a very lovely person.
The guy you have known for over a year but have not met, well I believe you can not put your life on hold waiting for maybe, you know what it's like you have to try on a lot of bra's before you find the perfect fit.
I say get out and have some fun and see what develops, but don't settle for anything less that what you so deserve.
Get this other guy on FB so we can vet him! lol (only jokin)
Back to top Go down
auntie tagonist

auntie tagonist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Theresa wrote:
Dear Auntie,
I'm up there in age - 47 - and would really like to find someone to share life with.
I don't have to - would just prefer to.
So, I signed up for a dating website, and have been contacted by bunches of local guys.
I've gone out on a few dates - and these are nice fellas.
But...I have also been in contact for over a year with a man I have never met. We have become strong online friends, as you know can happen. Also, he has been layed off of his job (lives in OH), and will be looking for work here in MN to give us a chance.
My dilema - I don't know if he will really find work here and I think he would want a job here before making the move.
I have made no promises as once we actually meet - there might not be the same draw we feel as online friends.
Otherwise, we have tons in common and he is a good man. I'm not in love by any means though.
Part of me feels "time is awasting" and I should just go ahead and date locally and don't owe him anything.
Another part of me feels we have invested a lot of time and energy into each other and should I be giving it more of a chance.
I'm a nice girl (I HEARD that BOB)...and have no desire to break any hearts.
What say you Auntie?
Sincerely,
Lookin' for love in all the wrong places?

Dear LFL,
As we get closer to certain age milestones in life (30 40 50) we feel we should be at a certain place or have certain things accomplished, only natural. I can't say I would never move to a different place w/o a job, I did it many yrs ago w/3 kids under the age of 4, and thankfully it all worked out. But, and its a big but( insert Your own joke), in this economy, I think Your friend would be much better off economically & emotionally(no worries or stress) if He had employment lined up before moving to Minnesota. That doesn't mean You two can't spend some time getting to know one another when He is in on interviews. There is always the possibility that You make better friends than lovers or mates, life is a gamble, & that its half the excitement to it. As long as there have been ground rules set before He gets there, then (hopefully) there should be no problems. As far as going out on other dates & meeting Men, whats the diff if You stop doing that beacuse You're afraid of missing a what might of been w/Mr.Ohio? Its the same situation, what if Ohio isn't the "one" what if one of these new found Guys is the one? You'd be missing out on them. You only break hearts if You set out to do so. As far as this "getting up there" at 47, Auntie is sending You a cyber smack to the head, at 48 I still have that wonderful Mother's backhand. Enjoy the journey in finding life & what it has to offer, but its nice to know You won't feel any less "complete" if You don't find another companion to finish the trip.
Back to top Go down
susanam_909

susanam_909

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am

TC all I can tell you is to go by what your heart tells you I was there at one time and had a hard time making a decision but finally I think I made the right one. You will have to make that one too.
Back to top Go down
Theresa
Admin
Theresa

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:25 pm

You all are great!
Life is way too short to play "what if?"

This is one that I just have to trust God with.
I reckon he has someone in mind for me - just wish he could tag the fella with red paint so's I know!
Back to top Go down
Bobby J
Admin
Bobby J

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:50 am

So if I paint myself red I got a shot????? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://bobthelawnguy.blogspot.com/
tee
Admin
tee

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 am

With Your luck Bob, people will take it for a bull's eye affraid
Back to top Go down
tee
Admin
tee

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 1:36 pm

This is only a test
Back to top Go down
debi

debi

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Sorry, I am just now seeing this but want to add my 2 cents Laughing .

I totally 100% agree with the other views here about "what might have been". You simply CANNOT pass up a single date b/c of someone you only know online. There are way too many "what if's" that factor in here. You owe this OH man nothing other than to let him be in the dating pool if he moves closer to you. There maybe someone perfect for you right down the street and you could never meet over someone who may never move. That's be nuts!

In a book I recently read..."How to Find a Date Worth Keeping"; the author talks about looking at dating as the way to find out what/who you don't want. Look at it as going out with a potential new friend...someone to get to know and to get to know even more about what you want. OH can fit that picture as well as MN guys. Go out and have fun with as many as possible. If OH still wants to pursue you, then he will know you are worth the effort. I think he'll respect you for it too.
Back to top Go down
Bobby J
Admin
Bobby J

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:05 pm

I agree
I myself plan on dating as many women as possible,as often as possible.

Several in the same night if i can. Several at the same time is not out of the realm of possibilities

In fact I might even go pro and charge for my services

the more the merrier I say
Back to top Go down
auntie tagonist

auntie tagonist

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Do the still make those clip on change makers?
Back to top Go down
Bobby J
Admin
Bobby J

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 1:19 am

Back on topic and back to the protaganist of the thread...

Just how many men exactly are we talking about here????? Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Theresa
Admin
Theresa

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 9:49 am

Who / what are you asking Cammo man?
This thread started Loooooong ago!
Back to top Go down
Bobby J
Admin
Bobby J

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 am

thought I might see something like.....I found him..the one and only man I want..or something...but oh well Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many men - so little time!   So many men - so little time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So many men - so little time!
Page 1 of 1